TABLEHOPPING: Venetian seafood in the Castro, a boatful of brunch burgers, and all-you-can-eat jambalaya.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
There are ham-and-cheese sandwiches, and then there's the tosta mista ($7.25) at Cafe St. Jorge (3438 Mission, SF. www.cafestjorge.com), a charming new café in Bernal. This Portuguese twist includes two kinds of Portuguese cheeses (queijo edam and ilha azul) and either black forest ham or applewood-smoked ham. It all melds together in cheesy bliss. But the brilliance lies in the spot-on toasting of the thick-cut sourdough bread (from Bakers of Paris) on the panino press, with the lightest brushing of butter. Hold me.
Most Commented On
- Supporting local artists & performances - December 5, 2013
- A local non-profit will chose - December 5, 2013
- Great post! - December 5, 2013
- I completely understand what - December 5, 2013
- $40 or $50 would give them the life to which they feel - December 5, 2013
- The truly appalling reality - December 5, 2013
- I always wait until Boots - December 5, 2013
- If you think the soul of SF - December 5, 2013
- Aesop Institute's Perpetual Flimflam - December 5, 2013
- Really? - December 5, 2013