Tu Lan returns, while pierogi appear in the Mission and Chocolate Lab sweetens up Dogpatch.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
Mmmm, carrot cake. It's definitely one way to eat your vegetables. Out in the Dogpatch is Michael and Jacky Recchiuti's Chocolate Lab (801 22nd St., SF. www.chocolatelabsf.com), a stylish little café that is well-suited for lunch, or brunch, or an afternoon snack, or dinner for that matter. Yeah, it just works. And while Recchiuti is known for his local chocolate empire, the carrot cake is definitely worth checking out. It's not too sweet or dense, and for a twist, he adds a layer of milk chocolate mousse made with crème fraîche for a little tangy touch, plus there's a white chocolate frosting. Carrot cake for chocolate lovers!
Most Commented On
- Drive jacket - December 12, 2013
- Study Medicine (MBBS/ MD/ MS) in India/ Overseas - December 12, 2013
- Why isn't the Department of - December 11, 2013
- "I'm getting tired of trying - December 11, 2013
- Oh there you go again off the - December 11, 2013
- "The internet allows every - December 11, 2013
- Think he means the evergreen - December 11, 2013
- What is "Penthouse Letters?" - December 11, 2013
- Ludicrous! Many "living - December 11, 2013
- it probably raised uncomfortable truths - December 11, 2013