TABLEHOPPING Pastrami waffles, Exile on Main Street, and some darn good chicken flippers
BALLIN' ON A BUDGET
If you're an espresso aficionado (or in need of a replacement for your "I just need a little pick-me-up" cocaine habit), be sure to visit the new Linea Caffe (3417 18th St, SF. www.lineacaffe.com), an espresso bar from Andrew Barnett, the founder of Ecco Caffe, who partnered up with Anthony Myint of Mission Chinese, Commonwealth, and Mission Bowling Club. Not only will you find some of the city's best shots — Barnett is roasting his own coffee — but you'll also find tasty salads and waffles, both sweet and savory. Hello pastrami waffle, for reals. The space is the picture of petite (it's in the back of Duc Loi Supermarket), so all food items are served in to-go containers, or you enjoy 'em while squeezed in at the espresso counter. Open 8am–3pm daily.
YOU GOTTA EAT THIS
Okay people: if you love wings, I really hope you have tried the version at the quirky-charming Fusebox (3417 18th St, Oakland. www.fuseboxoakland.com). These KFC (Korean fried chicken) wings of your dreams are worthy enough to cross the bridge for, trust. Crisp (they're fried in rice flour), juicy, and saucy, they feature the trifecta of wing nirvana. Your $5.50 will be very well spent. And the rest of the menu also rocks, so bon appétit.
Most Commented On
- And thirty years later, you are now promoted to - December 6, 2013
- Mike, had it ever occurred to you that maybe you're kinda dull - December 6, 2013
- You're the one hating on an entire class of people. - December 6, 2013
- Do you hate blacks as much as tech workers? - December 6, 2013
- Wrong. The term "illegal" is purely descriptive. - December 6, 2013
- Why not tap Oprah for a million? She's hardly notice it. - December 6, 2013
- Yeah, I always want to give a million to folks so dumb that - December 6, 2013
- Pay should be based on value, not need. - December 6, 2013
- Tas Online Bandung - December 6, 2013
- Tas Online - December 6, 2013