BALLIN' ON A BUDGET
You're hangry, it's Tuesday night, and you don't want to spend $20 on a delivery minimum from your local Thai place, plus tax and tip, and wait 45 minutes. You just want a well-balanced meal, nothing too fancy, but definitely tasty. Meet Sprig (www.eatsprig.com), a new service that delivers a meal to you via its iPhone app in about 20 minutes. For $12, all-inclusive. Say what? You can check out Sprig at this introductory price through December; the cost will go up a little bit in the New Year (the delivery area is also expanding too, and Android support is on its way).
Delivery hours are Mon–Thu 6pm–9:30pm, and you can choose from three different entrées (with sides) each night, which range from a lighter option to a heavier one, plus there's a vegetarian pick, and one is always gluten-free too. The food is from former Google executive chef Nate Keller, and you can expect quality and seasonal ingredients. My dinner one night (the "light" option) included two chicken empanadas — I saved one for lunch the next day — with sautéed spinach and saucy chickpeas on the side. It was on the level of a simple home-cooked meal, but only took me a few taps on my phone. And just one dish to wash.
Marcia Gagliardi is the founder of the weekly tablehopper e-column; subscribe for more at www.tablehopper.com. Get her app: Tablehopper's Top Late-Night Eats. On Twitter: @tablehopper.
Most Commented On
- the great spell caster that saved my marriage - April 24, 2014
- Hello I am Lisa Jerry ,I am - April 24, 2014
- There was an empty clip at - April 24, 2014
- the true 1% - April 24, 2014
- It is easy for a progressive - April 24, 2014
- We need more women like Cindy - April 24, 2014
- Have you seen Cindy's new - April 24, 2014
- How To Get Your husband Back & Avoid Divorce,Love Spells That Re - April 24, 2014
- RCV is a scam but it is a Progressive scam. - April 24, 2014
- "If I were truly in this for - April 24, 2014