Remember when we told you about Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne's East Coast-only "Record Store tour," during which he was selling a signed, limited-edition, 12-inch, 20th anniversary reissue of the band's deliciously scruffy debut EP, packaged with a life-sized, anatomically correct, "hand-crafted, custom-made chocolate skull"? And the skull also contains a special gold coin that gains the bearer entry to any Flaming Lips show in the world? Of course you do.
Well, he was lying — it's not East Coast-only. He added a few West Coast dates this week, including an appearance tomorrow [Thu/3] at 5pm, at the Mission's own Aquarius Records. Which is a pretty tiny space for a Flaming Lips(-esque) show. And pretty early in the evening to be taking hallucinogens. Oh, the sacrifices we make for rock 'n' roll.
Here's a good one off that 1984 EP to get you warmed up.
Most Commented On
- Truther Greg, which Egyptian leader did the US overthrow? - July 25, 2014
- Good try, Greg - July 25, 2014
- Yes, Greg was there and he's a Truther - July 25, 2014
- Really, Greg, it doesn't say that. Please seek help. - July 25, 2014
- Uber’s secret, “proprietary” insurance policy leaked - July 25, 2014
- Weehawken is not in New York Greg - July 25, 2014
- Those Jews are very tricky - small in number but large in - July 25, 2014
- Oh, and thanks for finally covering this story, SFBG. - July 25, 2014
- Ok, how about ABC News? They're "truthers" too? - July 25, 2014
- The coup government in Egypt is complicit with the Israeli seige - July 25, 2014