A San Francisco entrepreneur's petition to allow consumers to unlock their cell phones has gathered more than 100,000 signatures, and now the White House will have to offer an official response.
Sina Khanifar, who runs opensignal, has been pushing to overturn a recent ruling allowing cell phone companies to prevent people who want to switch carriers from changing the firmware that controls the device.
The campaign to convince the Obama administration and Congress to overturn the ridiculous ruling continues here.
Most Commented On
- " You are talking about 36 - May 24, 2013
- Ethnic China - May 24, 2013
- Geller is an unhinged loon. - May 24, 2013
- I see. Your tactic is to - May 24, 2013
- And do you agree that if a - May 24, 2013
- I guess we can count you - May 24, 2013
- The writing is on the wall (on the waterfront, that is) - May 24, 2013
- Street music - May 23, 2013
- Okay. In case you hadn't - May 23, 2013
- So that would make Asians - May 23, 2013